Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rednecks and Uncooperative Children In Utero

Yes I've been MIA.  I would blame it on pregnancy but I think it's more about me being lazy than anything else.  I'll do my best to bring you up to speed.

A few weekends ago we went to the Punkin Chunkin in lower Delaware.  Otherwise known as slower Delaware.  Just to be clear, this is a description of the people there, not the pace of living.  Some of you may recall that this was the activity that my sister and brother-in-law chose for our Christmas gift.  It was a nice day and we had a good time watching them launch pumpkins out of air canons.  There were people there that had one tooth.  

We decided that white trash events were the way to go.  We decided that for our Christmas gift to each other this year we would get tickets to a NASCAR race.  Stay tuned for more details...

Last week's big event was the baby shower.  Everyone was really nice and didn't give me ugly pink clothes.  That was awesome. My co-workers also gave me a shower and were kind enough to give me a gift certificate to the spa.

So this weekend I scheduled a massage.  This guy worked me over in a serious way.  He was apparently trained by Catholic nuns somewhere in a third world country.  Those ladies are evil so this explains a lot. 

On a side note our child has decided that it would rather remain head up than prepare for birth.  I find this unacceptable so we are making attempts to cajole the child into position.  Husband believes that burning special Chinese cigars next to my pinky toe will get the job done. I'll let you know how that goes...  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not go to nascar. it's kitchy for about five minutes. plus - you have to drink bud. they won't let you bring your flask of port in with ;-)