Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Late like her Father

Well we're at 40 weeks & 3 days.  Today I had high hopes for my doctor's appointment that something was going on down there.  Apparently nothing.  Not only is nothing going on, but they saw fit to put me in a room and forget about me.  After about 30 minutes of waiting for the nurse to come back and take my blood pressure I went looking for someone and it became clear that the nurse had gone to lunch, forgotten about me and not told the doctor I was there.  At least I wasn't naked yet.

I spent three hours between two doctors offices. In this time I had my blood pressure checked twice, had my stomach lubed up three times and got naked once.  I lead an exciting life these days. All is well although they expressed some concern when they couldn't get our friend to move. I explained that she really doesn't do much of anything until after 2PM.  That's roughly the time Kung Fu Sally wakes up and starts her daily assault.  Despite this fact, she failed the test.   Great way to start things off... late and already failing tests.

Tonight we will make dinner with some friends and husband will get to see the ball drop for the very first time (and by default he will also get to see an almost dead Dick Clark).  It's an exciting life we lead. Try to mask your jealousy so I don't feel badly about my spectacular existence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you and hope she comes out soon. Try oregano and eggplant. Old wives tale, but I did happen to have oregano (not knowing its effect) the day I unexpectedly and unwantedly went into labor. Also try sex -- I'm sure you're in the mood. And enjoy it while she's still inside. Once out, she won't go back in.