Sunday, January 13, 2008

What do Yoda and a Slab of Spiral Ham Have in Common?

I’ll spare you the gory details but this really festive weather in the Northeast for the last few weeks has left me with eyelids that look like slabs of a spiral ham. Last year it was clown face, this year it’s meat slab eyes. I love eczema. Yesterday I finally caved and hit the speed dial for my cousin. Having a dermatologist in the family when you have a skin condition is a godsend.

Now I need only walk to my neighborhood Walgreens to find relief. Going out in public requires a de-Yoda-fying make-up job. (Attempting to not traumatize the neighborhood children or homeless people.)

Thirty five dollars later I applied and was off to a party for the evening. I quickly realized the new super duper cream for my eyes itches like an SOB. I should have known better than to think it would be painless. I spent much of the evening standing outside because the cold air made the itching stop. In defense of the super itchy cream, it does seem to be working and I have renewed hope that some day I will be able to apply eye shadow without it looking like a lumpy mess.

Here’s to Yoda to leave the building…forever!

No comments: