Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holy Sanjay Gupta

For as long as my husband has been in this country, he has had a man crush on Sanjay Gupta. He jokingly said we should name our first born Sanjay Gupta...which goes well with our last name. I had to laugh when my friend Kajal wrote about her husband's obsession with him as well.

So this brings us to present and this is why our boy Obama is a little slice of genius. Sanjay Gupta as the Surgeon General. Sounds a little crazy doesn't it? Let's consider the recent past - look at these people to your right. Does the average person have any frickin clue who they are? Those are the last 5 appointed Surgeon Generals of the United States. Honestly my first thought was "isn't that one dude Colonel Sanders from KFC?". Yes I'll admit I'm being an ignorant ass.

Now let's think about our boy Sanjay. Good looking Indian doctor who already has rock star status, he's accomplished and apparently most men have a crush* on him. I'm having visions of him and Obama jogging together. They're not like our boy Bill who was known to enjoy a cheese burger, or 10. This is certainly more interesting than the Caroline Kennedy debate. Know what I mean?

*Obviously this is based on my extensive research and significant sample size of my husband and Kajal's husband.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The KFC guy is actually C. Everett Koop. I know this because he was surgeon general when we were little and his name rhymed with poop, which was fun.

Also - he's on LifeAlert commercials...you know - "I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Vincent Sgro said...

Koop started the Dr. Koop web site... so I remember his face... I think he may be THE (or at least A) surgeon general referenced on cigarette packs... had a rep for doing his job and not bending to political whims. Kinda hope future and present surgeon generals can compare...

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure he's THE surgeon general on the cigarette packs too. That's two of us, so it must be true ;-)