Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bizarre-o Universe

As of a week or so ago, we are the proud owners of a MacBook. My Mac people at work were very excited. I had long extolled the virtues of owning a PC so when I told them I was thinking about a Mac they had lots of helpful suggestions about what I needed to buy and delightful software that would make my transition to this Mac world easier. I welcomed the help since I now feel a bit lost. It's sort of like visiting Canada. It looks a lot like home but not quite.

I'm still not entirely sold on the idea that Mac is better, but Apple has sold us so many peripheral devices that we were left with an easy decision. Everything works now as it's intended to work which is a nice change of pace. I haven't seen my husband fighting with the laptop quite as much as he fought with our old one. He seems quite pleased with this change of pace. Despite the fact that everything is a bit reversed we're adjusting well.

I'm still unable to find the actual delete button. Backspace has been coyly named delete but it's just not the same. I'm a keyboard girl; or perhaps more accurately - anti mouse. I find this thing to be a bit too navigation intensive. Can someone please tell me where the real delete key is? Please?

I also miss my left and right click. Now I just have one big button. Something about that just seems wrong or at a minimum..remedial. Next thing you know I'll be zipping around the city on Vespa and then you can just stick a thermometer in this turkey and call me done.

Gobble, gobble.

No comments: