Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ode to my Unburdened Life with Brunch

Ahhh, another "morning after beer fueled evening" brunch at Honey's Sit-N-Eat. (I will pause for a few moments to allow those of you who can't partake of the brunch to languish this fact.) And we resume. I was feeling a bit off this morning and despite the fact that I have never ever chosen Lox over eggs, I did in fact do just that this morning. It was the perfect combo of cream cheese, tomato, cucumber and oniony goodness. I'm still thinking about it hours later. The husband and brother-in-law had the whole wheat pancakes. These aren't just any pancakes, they have granola and fruit baked into them. So good in fact that when my BIL threw in the towel 2/3 of the way through my sister carried the torch home by finishing his pancakes as well as her own omelette. I'm thinking we need to put her up against that Asian hot dog eating guy in Coney Island. I'm accepting bets.

Sis & BIL had to go home straight away - he had baseball practice and she has taken up farming as a hobby. I inquired about the neighbors and their feelings about her mini farm in the side yard. She said she got some looks from the neighbor across the street. There's apparently an informal home owner's association, i.e. old neighbors who saw fit to set random rules. One of which has something to do with what you can and can not do with gardens. They have thrown caution to the wind by digging out part of the side yard for the vegetation. I told her that the next time the mother of five comes out to give her nasty looks she should just yell, "Go back to your breeding and leave us alone!". Perhaps this is why I'm currently enrolled in a Dale Carnegie program.

Upon arrival at home, husband made an immediate beeline to the bedroom to pass out in a carb induced coma. He is happily napping. The house needs a good cleaning but perhaps I would be better served taking a nap as well. I can hear my work husband from 35 miles away making some sort of comment right now about how we need to have some kids so we aren't such lazy asses.

You know what, we got out of bed at 9AM today and actually left the house. That was a big accomplishment for us and at the end of the day, you're just jealous. So there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK - you suck. It's one thing to be able to have brunch, but to rub it in is just not very nice... One day you WILL have kids and the brunch will stop. Then who'll be laughing ;-))