Saturday, December 22, 2007

Two Reasons for Me to Visit London

Because she will hate it, I will blog about two of my favorite things in the same post. Forever memorializing this moment. My friend "K" in London and Duran Duran.

First I was very sad when my friend moved to London. She and her husband were the only two people who had stuck it out in Philly with us. Despite the fact that she was a Philly hater, she stayed. Although she openly plotted for years to move, she still stayed. Then in August she made good on her threats. Here's the problem, they were our try out a new restaurant friends, our NYE friends, our get wasted in the same bar over and over again friends, they were the friends that actually took the time to have house parties and introduce all their friends to each other. And sadly, they are now gone. On to bigger and better places and we are left all alone. So to lessen my withdrawal I told her she should start writing a blog so we can hear about all those classic American in London moments.

It's only been 4 months, but she's finally gotten a computer and a high speed connection. So, here it is. http://www.lostonthetubes.blogspot.com/

And now, on to my forever undying love of Duran Duran. They are, in a word, my mostest favorite. I love Simon LeBon. I also love New Romantic music. This is the ultimate perfection - like chocolate and milk or champagne and caviar or yogurt and granola (shut up, it's perfect in our house).

Anyway, Duran Duran recently came out with a new album in November and I LOVE IT. Red Carpet Massacre is actually better than Astronaut which was pretty darn good. They did some good collaborations with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland. Updated their sound without losing that distinct - "we like wedge hair cuts, hair gel and androgynous clothing" Duran Duran sound.

Did you know there's a National Duran Duran Appreciation Day? August 10th. Which Nation you ask? I have no idea but I'll celebrate it. They also have a presence in Second Life. While that's really only exciting for second lifers, it's still cool.

I find it interesting that two of my favorite things exist on an island together. Perhaps that alone is worth going to visit. Maybe there's a museum or something. Perhaps I can stalk Simon LeBon's house? Just a thought...

So in summary, read her blog & go out to iTunes and buy the first 4 tracks on the new album.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sniff ;-(((

Anonymous said...

Do not be a Philly hater and do not move yourselves!

Anonymous said...

Duran Duran are awesome! I have been a fan since, like, 1980. Simon Lebon is the king. However, I must admint that I have a new king/hero: Barack Obama!!